These delicious, chewy, vanilla scented muffins combine two of my favorite loves: pumpkin and oats! I make a batch almost every month.
They're tasty any time of year, so easy to whip up, portable for breakfast or a snack on the go, and will keep you full for hours (especially if you combine them with some scrambled eggs or a smoothie for extra protein!). Oh, and they're gluten free!
This recipe doesn't make any dirty dishes since you mix the batter in a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, get yourself to Target or Amazon and upgrade your kitchen, girl!! I have a cheap Hamilton Beach model that's lasted me over 5 years, and it's one of my favorite must have appliances.
Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Makes about 8-10 muffins
Inspired by Tone It Up
- 1.5 c raw oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/2 banana
- 2T olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2T maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- Blitz oats into powder in your food processor, which will take 30-60 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Divide the batter equally into a muffin tin. I like filling the cups all the way to the top!
- Top with pepitas, chocolate chips, or nuts if you want to be extra fancy.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the muffins feel firm when you tap them in the center (be careful - don't burn yourself!)
- Cool and enjoy!